Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Day #8 at OSF

10:00am - Infant CPR training and 2:00pm - Monitor training...YEAH!!! We're done with that! Dr. Ramiro, the new doctor that is seeing her in the newborn nursery, has now decided that after reading her monitor downloads from the past couple days that she has apnea. (...well duh, we already knew that!) Anyway, she has decided to give her Caffeine Citrate starting this evening until tomorrow afternoon. They will then redo her car seat tolerance test and see what the monitor says. Doctor said it may not be tomorrow that she gets to come home, the caffeine might need to be given for a couple of days. (I didn't take the news of one more night well. Will this ever end?) I'm so frustrated! I can't stand this any longer. I don't want her to come home before she's ready, but I can't stand leaving Bella each day since she doesn't understand why her mommy keeps leaving every day for the entire day. I can't stand to spend the day at the hospital with Lili and then leave her there each night. But hopefully it will all be over soon.

No comments: